To accommodate University of Maryland faculty and staff wishing to sponsor campus visitors for temporary access to the wireless network, the Division of IT has developed a guest wireless service. University of Maryland faculty and staff may sponsor up to four guest wireless accounts.
Requests will create guest authentication IDs and passwords, which can then be used by sponsored guests to access the UMD wireless network for the requested duration.
Departmental LAN administrators can submit requests for more than four accounts, long-term accounts, or group accounts.
The following Knowledge Base articles are available on this topic:
- Overview of Guest Wireless Accounts
- How to Request a Temporary Guest Wireless Account
- How to Obtain a University of Maryland Guest Wireless Account
- How to Request Multiple Guest Wireless Accounts
- Information About UMUC Guest Wireless Access
For assistance, contact the Help Desk.